• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

Energy Drinks: Advertising

| |



Today, I would like to discuss the frenzy of the energy drink market... well, more importantly the lack of effective TV ad's in the market. If you take a look at the major players in the market, besides Red Bull, you will notice these companies don't spend much money on TV ad's. Why is Red Bull the only player in the market to run TV ad's (that I've seen or heard of)? The target demographic of this market is males and females, age 15 to 30 looking to get a little extra out of their day. This group is active, but still spends a lot of time around TV's and computers... where properly produced ad's would shine. What I've experienced working in this industry, as a marketing rep for 2 years, is that people love these drinks because of the taste, energy, and ease of consumption. Their taste allows them to be consumed in any weather or time of the day... juice flavors for the morning, cola ones for the afternoon, and if your having a rough day you can mix in a little alcohol... relaxing and energizing?




An energy drink company that truly amazes me is.... Monster (a.k.a. Hansen's Natural). They are currently the industry leader (#2 Red Bull and #3 Rockstar) and don't seem to be loosing any steam. I think it's their marketing plan that amazes me, since they focus mainly on sponsorships and not media ad's. I understand that having key sponsorships will lead to TV and other media implementation, but history shows us that most successful companies have strong media campaigns (coke, pepsi, geico, anheuser busch...etc), which cost a tremendous amount of money. I know those companies wish they could spend their advertising dollars strictly on sponsoring athletes and celebrities... they would save millions. Energy Drink companies get away with it, but if they did happen to create some TV ad's I'd like to see some shots taken at Red Bull or other major players. It is after all a competitive market which, in my opinion, should be marketed/advertised better. I created some quick campaigns and catch phrases that I thought consumers would appreciate... you be the judge... Do you think these ad's would appeal to you? Keep in mind I'm still fairly new to photoshop...


0 comments:

Post a Comment